Saturday, January 29, 2011

10 basic designs

 These are ten designs that I have completed using the information we during the first class. This was my first venture into the world of photoshop- and so the results were pretty interesting.

After some layering and playing with a few different brush settings I got the rubber duck to breath fire (Kinda.)

With this design I focused on experimenting with the brushstrokes and the flexibility of digital layering. 

Here I found a back ground image and added two rubber ducks.

This was by far the piece that was the most process based design that I came up with.
I layered a few brush strokes and added some filters to create the overall composition. 

Here I looked at adjusting the sizes of the brush storks to create a sort of distorted feel to the image. It sort of reminded me of depth of field in photography.  

This was probably one of my favorite ones to make. I enjoy the process of painting and studying the results. So when I use a program like photoshop its great the the pigments are free and hypothetically never ending. So it gives me the ability to discover new brushstrokes.

This design was a return to the background that had intrigued me. I enjoy paper-cutting so it was fun to get to experiment with the way that the photo reacted. 

This was a departure from the work above, I found the ability to build up layers digitally allowed for different approaches to the image than what I am used to.

This design was an interesting study with moving preexisting images and building up a sort of expressive context for them to exist in.

This final design was a fun throw back for myself and some friends. A logo for a film production company that used to exist among me and my friends in high school.



7 comments:

  1. I love your 5th image. Its like fabrics overlapping, it reminds me of texture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love the image that is third from the bottom the flat colors look really cool. they kind of remind me of bob riseling's paintings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very diverse images. I like the striking variety from image to image.

    ReplyDelete
  4. very painterly. interesting textures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your second image has really great composition. I love the asymmetrical composition and contrasting colors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. VERY COLORFUL! Did you have fun doing these? There are a few interesting patterns that would be cool to work further on.

    ReplyDelete
  7. its good to see youre experimenting, because thats all i do on photoshop (aside with go with what i know) if youre into psychedelic imagery i think you should strive to create this stuff, because your stuff on here has a pretty trippy quality.

    ReplyDelete