Monday, February 14, 2011

Currency Project

The next assignment in class is to create 12 designs for currency. 
Whenever denomination for currency are made they have to be functional. I will stick with denominators that are applicable to the things one would buy presently. I will design plans (front and back) for five of the denominations- ones, fives, tens, twenties, twenty fives. Then I will make a front and back design for a one hundred dollar bill.  As for format I will deviate from the longer rectangular layout to a more square-ish pose. Also as a slogan for the bills instead of dead languages or mottos that most are not too agreeable, I will include a few of the ten crack commandments by biggie smalls. I think they are quite applicable here. I have included in this post four examples of bills that I will reference while making these bills.



4 comments:

  1. 10 crack commandments, nice
    though you're going to have to choose only 6 or make up 2 if you're going to divide them equally among the bills

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the update you are giving to the bills. Making them more of a current currency!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this sounds really interesting. i am really interested to see how they turn out. is there a particular reason for making the bills square?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think square bills was a bit ambitious. I ended up going with a more rectangular shaped currency.

    ReplyDelete