Monday, February 14, 2011

Light altering class work

For this in class exercise I had a bit of fun experimenting with the way brush storks in Ps effected the photographs we were given to work with. 

This first one became an attempt at a day for night sort of set up. At first I focused on balancing some of the tones in the background, then I thought it would be interesting to attempt and make the scene a night scene. Looking at it as a thumbnail though the highlights seem unnatural for a night scene. 

This image was a bit interesting when I first approached it with curves, it seemed to be a bit muddy. Overall this image was fun to alter, the colors were difficult to figure out though. The brushes are a bit to get used too. 

This image was a fun. First the sky and the foreground were very opposing contrasts one overpowering the other. I had some fun with this one though and included what is supposed to be a flying object in the background. We have all wondered about the aliens at one point or another, so I figured why not.

FInally here is yellowstone. I don't know how successful this one is, but I did enjoy getting to tackle a valley sort of landscape. the development and overall product were satisfying. 

2 comments:

  1. I like what you've done with the first one. It looks as though it was done in color pencil. Very Nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That first one is a great image. You may want to think about redoing the Yellowstone image. I think you can o a better job.

    ReplyDelete